Foursquare Legal is committed to providing quality services to you and this Policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
What is Personal Information and what do we collect?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual.
The Personal Information we collect from you may include:
- contact details (name, address, email);
- data that identifies you (your IP address, browser type, time zone);
- data on how you use our site (URL clicks, products and services views, how long you are on our pages and other actions);
- data relating to your circumstances and such other information that is relevant to the matter(s) in which we are instructed by you.
We may also collect sensitive information. Sensitive information includes information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
We only collect sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary with your consent, or if required or authorised by or under law to do so.
How we collect your Personal Information
From the moment you visit our website we are collecting data, you might provide Personal Information by completing a form, otherwise we might collect data automatically. We may also collect Personal Information from you:
- when you send us an enquiry form;
- by phone or email;
- through written correspondence;
- when you instruct us to act for you.
Purpose of collection
- We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing services to you, providing information about our services and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes, for example:
- to identify and assess whether we can act on your behalf;
- to run our website;
- for market research;
- to provide you with information about events, other products or services or opportunities that may be of interest.
- We customarily disclose Personal Information only to our service providers who assist us in operating the website.
- By disclosing your Personal Information you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. We will only use your Personal Information for this purpose if we have collected such information directly from you, and it is material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from us. We do not use sensitive Personal Information in direct marketing activities. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
Access and Correction
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information please contact us in writing. In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept for a minimum of seven (7) years.
This policy may change from time to time and the most update to date version will be available on our website.
You can contact us for privacy related questions by emailing [email protected].